Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Face ID and Pages Document Problems

Yesterday I received my new iPhone 14 Pro, which utilizes Face ID rather than fingerprint. All data successfully transferred to my new phone via Cloud.

I have only one pressing issue.

I write on my iPhone using Pages and have many locked documents. I admit that I was careless with passwords for each doc because my fingerprint opened them. No problem. I assumed my Face ID would work the same way, but no. When I try to open a doc, it looks like Face ID is on, but still demands a password, which I do not remember. What can I do?

iPhone 14 Pro, iOS 16

Posted on Jan 1, 2023 10:02 AM

3 replies

Jan 1, 2023 10:59 AM in response to Mysticderf

Ensure that you have iOS v16.2 and Pages v12.2.1 installed. Quit Pages if it is running. In Settings > Face ID and Passcode, enter your pin, and then enable Password AutoFill.

Now, when you tap on a password locked Pages document, a Y/N dialog will appear asking you if you want to unlock the document with Face ID (don't remember the exact dialog as it does not appear twice for the same document). The second time it just unlocks the document and opens it.

Face ID and Pages Document Problems

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.