Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

App approval in child’s family sharing

When my child requests to download an app, the request goes to my IPad and not my phone. How do I get the request to go to my phone?

iPhone 11 Pro

Posted on Jan 1, 2023 5:06 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 2, 2023 12:27 PM

I'm sorry to hear that you are not receiving "Ask to Buy" notifications on your iPhone. Here are a few steps you can try to troubleshoot and resolve the issue:

1. Check your settings: Make sure that "Ask to Buy" is enabled for your family members in the "Family Sharing" settings on your iPhone. You can find these settings by going to "Settings" > "Your Name" > "Family Sharing" > "Ask to Buy".

2. Check your notification settings: Make sure that you have enabled notifications for the App Store. You can do this by going to "Settings" > "Notifications" > "App Store" and making sure that the toggle next to "Allow Notifications" is turned on.

3. Restart your iPhone: Try restarting your iPhone to see if that resolves the issue. To restart your iPhone, press and hold the "Power" button until the "Slide to Power Off" slider appears. Then, slide the slider to power off your device. Wait a few seconds, then press and hold the "Power" button again to turn it back on.

4. Check for updates: Make sure that your iPhone is running the latest version of iOS. You can check for updates by going to "Settings" > "General" > "Software Update".

5. Check your internet connection: Make sure that your iPhone is connected to a stable internet connection. If you are connected to a public WiFi network or a cellular network with a weak signal, you may have trouble receiving notifications.

I hope these steps are helpful in troubleshooting and resolving the issue you are experiencing with "Ask to Buy" notifications. If you continue to have problems, it may be best to contact Apple support for further assistance.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 2, 2023 12:27 PM in response to Bubba0829

I'm sorry to hear that you are not receiving "Ask to Buy" notifications on your iPhone. Here are a few steps you can try to troubleshoot and resolve the issue:

1. Check your settings: Make sure that "Ask to Buy" is enabled for your family members in the "Family Sharing" settings on your iPhone. You can find these settings by going to "Settings" > "Your Name" > "Family Sharing" > "Ask to Buy".

2. Check your notification settings: Make sure that you have enabled notifications for the App Store. You can do this by going to "Settings" > "Notifications" > "App Store" and making sure that the toggle next to "Allow Notifications" is turned on.

3. Restart your iPhone: Try restarting your iPhone to see if that resolves the issue. To restart your iPhone, press and hold the "Power" button until the "Slide to Power Off" slider appears. Then, slide the slider to power off your device. Wait a few seconds, then press and hold the "Power" button again to turn it back on.

4. Check for updates: Make sure that your iPhone is running the latest version of iOS. You can check for updates by going to "Settings" > "General" > "Software Update".

5. Check your internet connection: Make sure that your iPhone is connected to a stable internet connection. If you are connected to a public WiFi network or a cellular network with a weak signal, you may have trouble receiving notifications.

I hope these steps are helpful in troubleshooting and resolving the issue you are experiencing with "Ask to Buy" notifications. If you continue to have problems, it may be best to contact Apple support for further assistance.

App approval in child’s family sharing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.