Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Am I able to create an album in "Fotos" on my Macbook- put photos in there and let it auto synch to my I Phone App "Fotos"

Hi folks,

I'm pretty new to the apple's side. Next to the possibility that all the camera roll photos get synched automatically to my mac's "Fotos" app- is there a possibility that I add a folder/album to the "Fotos" app on my Macbook so that I see the synched version afterwards on my I phone?

I just don't want to airdrop them to my I phone- if there is a photo session I edit in Lightroom I just want to throw it on the ext HDD and the album- so its present on the HDD, the MAC and the I PHONE.

Thank you in advance.

cheers and happy new year.

Fishermensfriend

iPhone 13 Pro, iOS 16

Posted on Jan 2, 2023 1:05 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 2, 2023 9:01 AM

Happy New Year, Fishermensfriend,

The usual way to make this happen is to use iCloud Photos. (Sorry about the "Ph," English spelling never makes sense.) iCloud Photos is Apple's way to synchronize the pictures on all you devices, iPhone, iPad, Mac. If you want to sync pictures on multiple devices without using a wire or AirDrop, you need to use the internet-- and iCloud Photos is the system for doing that.

The idea is that, on each device, you turn on iCloud Photos, and all the pictures on each device are copied to Apple's servers asiCloud Photos, mostly without you noticing-- it all happens automatically. So iCloud Photos will have all of your pictures, and then it sends them back to the devices so every Photos app on every device sees the same pictures. If you like, you can choose on each device to only keep smaller copies, saving storage space.

Photos is non-destructive--it maintains your originals completely intact. And it remembers any edits or metadata

that should be added when you view or export it.

And by the way, Photos has pretty good editing tools, but you can actually use other editors like Lightroom from within Photos.

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 2, 2023 9:01 AM in response to Fishermensfriend

Happy New Year, Fishermensfriend,

The usual way to make this happen is to use iCloud Photos. (Sorry about the "Ph," English spelling never makes sense.) iCloud Photos is Apple's way to synchronize the pictures on all you devices, iPhone, iPad, Mac. If you want to sync pictures on multiple devices without using a wire or AirDrop, you need to use the internet-- and iCloud Photos is the system for doing that.

The idea is that, on each device, you turn on iCloud Photos, and all the pictures on each device are copied to Apple's servers asiCloud Photos, mostly without you noticing-- it all happens automatically. So iCloud Photos will have all of your pictures, and then it sends them back to the devices so every Photos app on every device sees the same pictures. If you like, you can choose on each device to only keep smaller copies, saving storage space.

Photos is non-destructive--it maintains your originals completely intact. And it remembers any edits or metadata

that should be added when you view or export it.

And by the way, Photos has pretty good editing tools, but you can actually use other editors like Lightroom from within Photos.

Jan 2, 2023 10:56 AM in response to Fishermensfriend

If you setup My Photo Stream on both devices any photo put into the Mac's library will appear in the My Photo Stream on the iPhone. You will have to save the photo from the My Photo Stream to the library on the iPhone manually.

Any photo taken on the iPhone will be automatically imported into the Mac's library when they are on the same LAN.

If you want total automation then Richard.Taylor's method would be best. Actually it's the only automatic method.

Am I able to create an album in "Fotos" on my Macbook- put photos in there and let it auto synch to my I Phone App "Fotos"

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.