Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

eSIM on iphone

Hi. I noticed recently I have an eSIM facility on my iPhone. I have a holiday home in France and there are certain products I can only buy on line if I have a French mobile number

I have a U.K. phone, obviously, so I was wondering if use the eSIM facility to give me a French mobile number whenever I wish to buy certain products on line

Is that possible, and if so, how do I go about it?

iPhone SE

Posted on Jan 2, 2023 4:59 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 2, 2023 5:23 AM

If you have an iPhone SE 2nd Gen or 3rd Gen, eSIM is supported.

When you are in France, you must find a Carrier that offers eSIM to their customers. A "pre-paid" option will probably be the most optimal if it is only to be used when you are in France, and if it is only to be able to buy things with your French number.

eSIM is usually installed just by scanning a QR code, then the SIM card is ready for use and you can make calls and send messages with that phone number. You UK number will be active at the same time, and of course you just keep your normal SIM card with your own number in your phone.

When you are back home in the UK, I would recommend deactivating the eSIM card, or finding out what it costs with the Carrier to roam in another country.

You can find Carriers that support eSIM here:

Find wireless carriers and worldwide service providers that offer eSIM service - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 2, 2023 5:23 AM in response to Laurierrose

If you have an iPhone SE 2nd Gen or 3rd Gen, eSIM is supported.

When you are in France, you must find a Carrier that offers eSIM to their customers. A "pre-paid" option will probably be the most optimal if it is only to be used when you are in France, and if it is only to be able to buy things with your French number.

eSIM is usually installed just by scanning a QR code, then the SIM card is ready for use and you can make calls and send messages with that phone number. You UK number will be active at the same time, and of course you just keep your normal SIM card with your own number in your phone.

When you are back home in the UK, I would recommend deactivating the eSIM card, or finding out what it costs with the Carrier to roam in another country.

You can find Carriers that support eSIM here:

Find wireless carriers and worldwide service providers that offer eSIM service - Apple Support

eSIM on iphone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.