Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iPhone 14 Pro Max processing dark photos. Is there a remedy?

My iPhone 14 Pro Max Processing dark pictures. When you capture and then click on the photo, it automatically turns into dark. Is there any problem with the phone?

iPhone 14 Pro Max

Posted on Jan 2, 2023 6:50 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 10, 2023 8:45 AM

Same issue for my new iPhone 14 Pro Max. Each selfie photo I take looks normal for 2 seconds then autosaves to a much darker, unflattering contrast. It's very annoying and I can't seem to fix it. Please provide a solution or software update.

56 replies

Jan 31, 2023 8:14 PM in response to josaline128

@Todd0213

Those recommendations don’t fix the problem. The issue is even worse during daylight and happens on both front and back camera on my iPhone 14 Pro. When I view the image immediately after taking it, it looks like what I saw when taking the picture but after 2 seconds it automatically changes to become darker. I think it’s a software processing issue. I now over expose my images before taking them because Apple automatically adjusts them to become darker. I don’t like this kind of set up where I don’t have control over what the image capturing process does. Please fix this bug ASAP!

Jan 3, 2023 10:39 AM in response to josaline128

Hello josaline128,

It sounds as though photos you're taking appear darker than expected. To confirm, have you tried using the available camera features to adjust how a photo is taken? If not, you may find that using Night mode when you're in a dark lit space beneficial in providing a better quality photo. You can learn more about using Night mode and other camera related features and modes via the following articles. The following steps also walk through taking Night mode selfies.

1. "Open the Camera app.
  2. Tap the front-facing camera button .
  3. Hold your iPhone in front of you.
  4. Snap your selfie."

Use camera modes on your iPhone or iPad

About the Camera features on your iPhone

Use Night mode on your iPhone

If you're having a different issue, please let us know in more detail about the issue you're facing. The more information we have, the more accurate our troubleshooting steps will be.

Cheers!

Jul 18, 2023 12:02 PM in response to Dinaag

Dinaag wrote:

That is really bad I thought something is broken with my new iPhone 14 pro!! How come Apple didn’t address that after months of complaining!

Apple doesn't read here in this user-to-user forum for feedback or suggestions. If you want Apple to know your concerns, you can contact them directly using the Support link at the bottom left of every page of these forums.

You can also leave feedback here:

Product Feedback - Apple

Feb 25, 2023 3:39 PM in response to josaline128

There are thousands of people complaining about this all over the Internet on various blogs and websites. Unfortunately it’s a known issue, however Apple is not planning on fixing it to my knowledge. This issue seriously has me contemplating downgrading to an iPhone 13 Pro. It took way better pictures than my 14 pro. Super disappointed in this camera.

My iPhone 14 Pro Max processing dark photos. Is there a remedy?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.