Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unable to add location to old photo

I'm repeating and updating Fgrigorio's question: "can't assign location to an old photo

I am unable to edit location in my pix in Photos? When I go Image>Location>Assign Location, "assign Location" is greyed out.

How can I fix it?"

The solution posted there of reverting to the original location first doesn't work, as that option is also grayed out for me. I haven't tested this on other devices yet, but I'm currently on an M1 MacBook Air running Ventura 13.1 (22C65).

Thanks!

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 13.1

Posted on Jan 2, 2023 7:29 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 2, 2023 8:09 AM

Image>Assign Location works when you have used Image>Copy Location on another picture-- after a copy, assign becomes available, and you use Image>Assign Location to past the copied position.

But there's another "Assign Location." To add a location to a scanned picture, you can open the info window (command-i), and at the bottom, above where the map usually is, there is a text field with "Assign Location" in it. You can just type in "Grand Canyon" or an address, and Photos will find that on the map and record it with the picture.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 2, 2023 8:09 AM in response to gitanomad

Image>Assign Location works when you have used Image>Copy Location on another picture-- after a copy, assign becomes available, and you use Image>Assign Location to past the copied position.

But there's another "Assign Location." To add a location to a scanned picture, you can open the info window (command-i), and at the bottom, above where the map usually is, there is a text field with "Assign Location" in it. You can just type in "Grand Canyon" or an address, and Photos will find that on the map and record it with the picture.

Unable to add location to old photo

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.