Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

voice memos storage

I do not have any voice recordings on my phone right now (I used to have but it was not so much) I deleted all the recordings to make space even i deleted the app and re-downloaded but it still takes almost 35 gb of my total storage which is 128 gb. How am I going to delete the data which i can not see in it?

Posted on Jan 2, 2023 11:09 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 2, 2023 11:15 AM

Have you checked to see if the files are in the recently deleted folder? When you delete files from the Voice Memos app, they are first moved to a recently deleted folder before being fully deleted from your device. To check if this is the issue, follow these steps:

1. Open Voice Memos app
  2. You should be in the "All Recordings" folder
  3. At the top left of your screen, you should see a blue back arrow. Tap that.
  4. Now you should be able to see the "Recently Deleted" folder.
  5. If there are items in the recently deleted folder, clic into the folder.
  6. At the top right corner, tap "Edit"
  7. Press "Delete All" at the bottom right
  8. When prompted, tap "Delete Forever"

IMPORTANT: Make sure that you want to delete everything that is in that folder. Once you tap "delete forever," there is no getting those files back.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 2, 2023 11:15 AM in response to ece2t

Have you checked to see if the files are in the recently deleted folder? When you delete files from the Voice Memos app, they are first moved to a recently deleted folder before being fully deleted from your device. To check if this is the issue, follow these steps:

1. Open Voice Memos app
  2. You should be in the "All Recordings" folder
  3. At the top left of your screen, you should see a blue back arrow. Tap that.
  4. Now you should be able to see the "Recently Deleted" folder.
  5. If there are items in the recently deleted folder, clic into the folder.
  6. At the top right corner, tap "Edit"
  7. Press "Delete All" at the bottom right
  8. When prompted, tap "Delete Forever"

IMPORTANT: Make sure that you want to delete everything that is in that folder. Once you tap "delete forever," there is no getting those files back.

voice memos storage

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.