Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Link text from a list to different tables on the same spreadsheet

Hello, I want to be able to click an item in a list on a sheet that then snaps me to the applicable table on the same sheet. I can only find a way to link text to a different sheet, but I am certain I have been able to do this before

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 11.6

Posted on Jan 2, 2023 11:11 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 2, 2023 4:49 PM

Keep in mind that if the tables are on the same sheet then you can go up to the "tab" and make a choice from the dropdown to navigate to a table.

Putting each category in a separate table most likely not nearly as efficient as putting items in the same table with a Category column. Then you can use SUMIF, filters, and Pivot Tables to extract summaries by category.

For an example of how that can look have a look at the 'Personal Budget' template at File > New in your menu.

SG

SG

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 2, 2023 4:49 PM in response to 1234x

Keep in mind that if the tables are on the same sheet then you can go up to the "tab" and make a choice from the dropdown to navigate to a table.

Putting each category in a separate table most likely not nearly as efficient as putting items in the same table with a Category column. Then you can use SUMIF, filters, and Pivot Tables to extract summaries by category.

For an example of how that can look have a look at the 'Personal Budget' template at File > New in your menu.

SG

SG

Link text from a list to different tables on the same spreadsheet

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.