Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple TV plus app for smart tv not showing library

I have an LGOLED55C6V-Z with webs 3.4.2 and have just downloaded the Apple TV plus app (only plus available from App Store on LG not straight Apple TV).

I’ve successfully logged in and can see all tv shows etc and also options to continue watching previous Apple TV plus content I’ve watched.

Problem is this, I have NO ACCESS to my library of previous purchases. Can anyone help? Is there a way of downloading the original full Apple TV app and not having the Apple TV Plus app?

My parents older LG TV already had Apple TV app on it and it loads my account fine and shows my library so I’m confused as to why on my newer tv it doesn’t show. I certainly hope that LG or Apple haven’t taken a step backwards with the newer tv’s and forced only TV Plus onto us?

Posted on Jan 2, 2023 12:17 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 2, 2023 1:05 PM

There's 2 different Apps for 3rd party TV's and streaming devices. The TV App and the TV+ App. (note the plus, and yes I know its confusing)

The TV App offers access to your purchase library, rentals, and Friday Night Baseball along with the Apple TV+ subscription service.

The TV+ App only offers access to the TV+ subscription service.

Click here for more details ➡️ Get the Apple TV app or Apple TV+ app on your smart TV or streaming device - Apple Support

Some TV's and other 3rd party devices offer both apps, others only one or the other. Check your TV's App Store and see if it also offers the full TV App in addition to the TV+ App.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 2, 2023 1:05 PM in response to Markymark023

There's 2 different Apps for 3rd party TV's and streaming devices. The TV App and the TV+ App. (note the plus, and yes I know its confusing)

The TV App offers access to your purchase library, rentals, and Friday Night Baseball along with the Apple TV+ subscription service.

The TV+ App only offers access to the TV+ subscription service.

Click here for more details ➡️ Get the Apple TV app or Apple TV+ app on your smart TV or streaming device - Apple Support

Some TV's and other 3rd party devices offer both apps, others only one or the other. Check your TV's App Store and see if it also offers the full TV App in addition to the TV+ App.

Apple TV plus app for smart tv not showing library

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.