Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I set a temporary focus?

How do I set a temporary focus (formerly Do Not Disturb) on my iPhone after the last couple of IOS updates? Do Not Disturb worked fine before - just open, set the button to "ON", and could go about my business. I would use when in a theater or at group lunches, etc. Also used when I had some serious time needed to concentrate on a task. No longer. The Focus demands I set a schedule??? I am retired. I already had the sleep time set for Do Not Disturb, and I don't need to "schedule" anything. I just want to have the ability to turn Focus on/off when needed.

iPhone 13 Pro Max

Posted on Jan 2, 2023 1:31 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 2, 2023 1:36 PM

Some options that work well for me. Open Control Center, tap Focus, tap ... beside Do Not Disturb, tap "Until I leave this location" (good for theater, group lunches, etc), or "For 1 hour" or "Until this evening."

Or if you just want to turn it off and on manually, Open Control Center, tap Focus, tap Do Not Disturb.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 2, 2023 1:36 PM in response to CyberGramma

Some options that work well for me. Open Control Center, tap Focus, tap ... beside Do Not Disturb, tap "Until I leave this location" (good for theater, group lunches, etc), or "For 1 hour" or "Until this evening."

Or if you just want to turn it off and on manually, Open Control Center, tap Focus, tap Do Not Disturb.

How do I set a temporary focus?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.