Newsroom Update

Tap to Pay on iPhone is now available in Canada. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Translate app stuck on "Download Offline Languages" screen

iPhone XR, IOS 16.1.2

The Translate icon lights when touched as well as the Conversation icon. Tried Cellular Data both on and off. Tried On-Device Mode on/off. No change. "Download Offline Languages" screen won't clear.

Posted on Jan 2, 2023 1:43 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 2, 2023 2:10 PM

There are a few steps you can try to resolve the issue with the Translate app getting stuck on the "Download Offline Languages" screen:

1. Check your internet connection. Make sure that you have a stable internet connection and that your device is not in Airplane mode.
  2. Restart your device. This can often resolve issues with apps getting stuck or behaving unexpectedly.
  3. Check for updates to the Translate app and install any available updates.
  4. Restart your iPhone
  5. Check for updates to the device's operating system and install any available updates.
  6. If the issue persists, try deleting the Translate app and re-installing it from the App Store.
  7. If none of these solutions work, you may need to contact Apple Support for further assistance. They may be able to help you troubleshoot the issue and determine the cause of the problem.

I hope this information helps! Let me know if you have any other questions.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 2, 2023 2:10 PM in response to lafaverp

There are a few steps you can try to resolve the issue with the Translate app getting stuck on the "Download Offline Languages" screen:

1. Check your internet connection. Make sure that you have a stable internet connection and that your device is not in Airplane mode.
  2. Restart your device. This can often resolve issues with apps getting stuck or behaving unexpectedly.
  3. Check for updates to the Translate app and install any available updates.
  4. Restart your iPhone
  5. Check for updates to the device's operating system and install any available updates.
  6. If the issue persists, try deleting the Translate app and re-installing it from the App Store.
  7. If none of these solutions work, you may need to contact Apple Support for further assistance. They may be able to help you troubleshoot the issue and determine the cause of the problem.

I hope this information helps! Let me know if you have any other questions.

Translate app stuck on "Download Offline Languages" screen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.