You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Watch 6 connected to WiFi but showing as no connection

My Apple Watch Series 6 currently running in version 9.2, when it’s connected to my phone via Bluetooth as normal (iPhone 13 pro iOS 16.2) it connects to the internet as normal and all the Watch apps works. However when my phone is off or disconnected from Bluetooth my Watch is showing as connected to my Wifi but when trying to use an app that requires an internet connections is showing like if it wasn’t connected, example: on the Watch App Store shows no connection, Apple Music says we’ve run into a problem, Spotify shows no connection, etc… if I go to my router settings the Watch is showing as connected but is still not getting any data. I have tried restarting my phone, Watch and router. Also tried to forgot my network from my phone and Watch, even resetting internet connections on the phone, I don’t know what else to do.

Apple Watch Series 6

Posted on Jan 3, 2023 1:02 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 3, 2023 10:55 AM

What worked for me was forgetting the network and signing in again. The router factory reset didn't help me but it could help you if course

What also worked was to connect Watch Wi-Fi to my wife's hotspot which suggested a router config problem.

9 replies

Jan 3, 2023 7:44 PM in response to LD150

I see, then our issues may be different, mine is definitely connected and not getting any data, I can clearly see its connected and the forget this network if I go to the network settings, also the MAC address, which I can confirm in the router my Watch is connected, but it is not getting any data.

Photo 1: WIFI connected, iPhone off

Photo 2: Proof that is indeed connected

Photo 3: No connection despite clearly being connected

Jan 3, 2023 10:00 AM in response to CRManuel

What I did to get mine working.

Reset router to factory settings for good luck, using the router admin menu (or usually can use paperclip in the little hole).

With iPhone turned off, in Watch settings, Wi-Fi, I did a Forget Network on the connection, then connected to the router again with the usual password. If you don't have a QWERTY on there then use Scribble or turn the iPhone back on and use the phone keyboard when offered.

Turned the phone off again and tested App Store, Messages and Weather - OK now.

Not Mail though as it is not one of the supported apps .

Jan 3, 2023 3:22 PM in response to LD150

I tried forgetting the network on the Watch while the phone is off and connecting again, the Watch stayed connected to the WiFi but is still showing as no connection. Also tried to connect to my mom’s iPhone hotspot while my phone was off and interestingly now it only connects for a few seconds then it disconnects, I couldn’t maintain it connected. Haven’t tried restoring my router yet I will try later on when no one is using it.

Apple Watch 6 connected to WiFi but showing as no connection

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.