Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Shared Library Potential Conflict?

Hi, so we just recently turned on Photos for iCloud since we’ve upgraded to 2TB.

I was excited to turn on Shared Library but I can’t do it on my iPhone since it wasn’t synced. My Macbook however, was synced, so I turned it on there, and then transferred almost every photo to the shared library. (I only kept some photos to my personal library).

Then it says transferring or something then it started syncing more photos which happened automatically and I’m not sure why (since it was synced before I turned on Shared Library), so I just let it be.

Then I started seeing the Shared Library option on my iPhone and because I’m an anxious person, I shared all those photos again, and only kept some for my personal library. I’m not sure if I selected the exact photos, but I’m concerned this might be an issue.

A few days after (sync on MacBook not yet done), the sync on my iPhone has been done so it started saying “Moving x,xxx items to Shared Library.” Or something like that.

I’m just concerned that the “move” on my MacBook and the “move” on my iPhone will cause conflict since my MacBook isn’t done syncing Photos to iCloud?

I’m not sure if this makes sense but thanks for the answers, if there will be some.

Happy new year everyone.

Edit: For now, the personal and shared libraries on my Macbook and iPhone don't match.

iPhone 13

Posted on Jan 3, 2023 4:38 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 4, 2023 3:15 PM

Okay for those who may be curious: the sync on the mac overwritten the sync that the iPhone did, since the Mac synced after the iPhone did. So I had to move items again.

But that’s the only conflict that happened.

Similar questions

1 reply

Shared Library Potential Conflict?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.