Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unsync photos from mac to iphone

I am having trouble deleting my photos from my phone - there's no option to delete them at all - and after some research, I have come to the conclusion that its because they are synced to my Mac, How do I unsync these photos so I can delete them and clear up space in my storage??

iPhone 12, iOS 16

Posted on Jan 3, 2023 4:29 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 3, 2023 9:02 PM

Sounds like maybe you used iTunes or Finder (depending on macOS system level) to sync the photos from your Mac to your iPhone rather than using iCloud to sync photos between the devices. If you used iTunes/Finder to sync a block of photos to the phone, you will have to use iTunes/Finder to sync a smaller (or empty) block of photos, which will remove the ones not synced.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 3, 2023 9:02 PM in response to rissy.rox123

Sounds like maybe you used iTunes or Finder (depending on macOS system level) to sync the photos from your Mac to your iPhone rather than using iCloud to sync photos between the devices. If you used iTunes/Finder to sync a block of photos to the phone, you will have to use iTunes/Finder to sync a smaller (or empty) block of photos, which will remove the ones not synced.

Unsync photos from mac to iphone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.