Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Update Apple ID Settings prompt. Why?

Every 2 days I get a message pop up on my iPhone 14 Pro Max telling me:

Update Apple ID Settings

Some account services will not be available until you sign in again.

I click continue and type in my password and everything works as it always has. I just keep getting this prompt every 2 days and can't figure out why.

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks.

iPhone 14 Pro Max, iOS 16

Posted on Jan 3, 2023 5:54 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 3, 2023 6:22 PM

Nope. That doesn't work. I've been doing that for 2 months.

A user on MacRumors Forums told me until Apple fixes the bug you can only make it stop by changing your password. That's the only workaround for now. That post on MacRumors has had about 3,000+ users complaining. Changed mine and it seems like it's fixed. Fingers crossed

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 3, 2023 6:22 PM in response to Limnos

Nope. That doesn't work. I've been doing that for 2 months.

A user on MacRumors Forums told me until Apple fixes the bug you can only make it stop by changing your password. That's the only workaround for now. That post on MacRumors has had about 3,000+ users complaining. Changed mine and it seems like it's fixed. Fingers crossed

Jan 3, 2023 6:14 PM in response to ThrowinRocks

It appears you are signed out of your account.

Click on this link to learn how to 'Sign in with your Apple ID' --> Sign in with your Apple ID - Apple Support

1. Open the Settings app.

2. Tap Sign in to your [device].

3. Enter your Apple ID and password.

4. If prompted, enter the six-digit verification code sent to your trusted device or phone number and complete sign in.

Update Apple ID Settings prompt. Why?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.