Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Display dark but device is turned on

MacBook Pro display screen is black, however it is turned on because I can see the brightness/sound control graphics on the mini display bar on the keyboard, they can be pressed but don’t do anything or make screen brighter.

Have tried restarting device multiple times and different combinations of keys and power off button. After holding the power button, the display bar graphics disappear and the MacBook makes the restart sound, but doesn’t show a loading Apple. Then after a minute the display bar controls reappear, while the actual screen stays dark.

Left the computer for a few minutes, the keyboard display bar graphics/controls disappear but reappear when I touch the launchpad. But screen still dark.

How to fix this?

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Jan 3, 2023 6:24 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 3, 2023 6:31 PM

Hi,

I suppose your MacBook Pro has backlight issue, you'd better take your MacBook Pro to your local retail AppleStore, Genius Bar or Apple Authorized Service Provider to be examined your MacBook Pro there.

Genius Bar Reservation and Apple Support Options - Apple

Find Locations - Apple

1 reply

Display dark but device is turned on

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.