Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Iphone 11 with updated ios new air tag will NOT show up in Find My except momentarily on iphone, but not in the icloud find my app on line

Problem... read all articles but nothing is working, can't see my air tag on find my app or when I try to find "air tag to add" it says searching but never finds it, I have hard reset my phone, I have taken battery out replaced, pressed it 5 times, turned blue tooth off and on, renamed air tag etc... I am having NO luck at all, is there something I really have not done? I really want to use this, it was given as a christmas gift, and I think it would be great...but its beyond me and I really need help, please.

Posted on Jan 3, 2023 7:19 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 3, 2023 11:59 PM

See your AirTag on the map

1. Open the Find My app, then tap the Items tab.
  2. Choose the AirTag you want to locate in the Items list. If the AirTag is within range of your device or the Find My network recently detected it, you see it on the map. An updated location and timestamp appears under its name.

Find your keys, backpack, and more with AirTag - Apple Support

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 3, 2023 11:59 PM in response to Newmacuser52

See your AirTag on the map

1. Open the Find My app, then tap the Items tab.
  2. Choose the AirTag you want to locate in the Items list. If the AirTag is within range of your device or the Find My network recently detected it, you see it on the map. An updated location and timestamp appears under its name.

Find your keys, backpack, and more with AirTag - Apple Support

Jan 4, 2023 6:22 AM in response to SravanKrA

Yes on my phone only ( not on my icloud find me on computer though) I see it as an item on map, but when I hit search it just keeps searching, ( I am literally inches away, yes on wifi with blue tooth on) so I do see it on map on phone but that is the only place and in the end it says could not find items)so I am still not sure what I can do having followed all instructions. Is it not supposed to show up on my find my icloud on computer? my phones and tablets(apple) do show up on this, so I do not know why the air tag won't show up there also.

Iphone 11 with updated ios new air tag will NOT show up in Find My except momentarily on iphone, but not in the icloud find my app on line

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.