Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Air tags

I just set up two air tags on my iPhone. The IOS software is up to date. The setup went normally, and at the end I was able to see the tags on a map. However when I go to my name in setting and click on “find my” there are no items. I reset the air tags and went through the set again, 5 times. I check my location setting on the phone. I reset them. I reset the network settings. I changed the batteries in the tags. Still no “items” in the find my app. I also went through all of this on my iPad to see if the phone was the problem, but same issue. I read somewhere that the version 16 of IOS has a problem with these? If so, I’m going to be really upset as I just bought these two tags and probably can’t return them.

iPhone 13, iOS 16

Posted on Jul 17, 2023 1:39 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 17, 2023 2:07 PM

The Find My option in Settings ➜ Apple ID ➜ Find My, does not show your list of devices. It only shows the device you are sharing location from and family and friends that are sharing their location with you.

To see your AirTags, open the actual Find My App

from your Home Screen, and tap on the Items tab.

click here ➜ Locate an AirTag or other item in Find My on iPhone - Apple Support

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 17, 2023 2:07 PM in response to saypoint

The Find My option in Settings ➜ Apple ID ➜ Find My, does not show your list of devices. It only shows the device you are sharing location from and family and friends that are sharing their location with you.

To see your AirTags, open the actual Find My App

from your Home Screen, and tap on the Items tab.

click here ➜ Locate an AirTag or other item in Find My on iPhone - Apple Support

May 3, 2024 11:56 AM in response to vanzeell

vanzeell wrote:

Apple support,

Apple Support is not here. This is a user to user forum.

I have the same issue as saypoint and did as you suggsted above and still cannot see my air tag in Find My. I would appreciate any other advice! I have an iphone 15 if that matters?

Air Tags should appear in the devices section of the Find My App once they have been paired and set up.

click here ➜ Add an AirTag to Find My to keep track of personal items - Apple Support

then here ➜ Locate an AirTag or other item in Find My on iPhone - Apple Support

Jul 17, 2023 2:27 PM in response to saypoint

FWIW, I have a 3rd gen iPhone SE and a pair of AirTags. Both are synced to my Apple ID via this phone, and both show up in the Find My app on this same phone. However, the do NOT appear in the Apple ID device list, as they are considered "items," and not "devices, by Apple ... as Phil0124 has mentioned.

Per chance do you have "Find My Network" disabled on your iPhone?

• Settings > Apple ID > Find My > Find My iPhone > Find My Network

How about Bluetooth? Is it disabled?

• Settings > Bluetooth

Air tags

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.