Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

missing button duplicate Photos

I don't have a duplicate button in the Photos app. Can you advise me how to activate it? I have duplicate photos and videos in the main library.

MacBook Pro 14″, macOS 13.1

Posted on Jan 4, 2023 2:52 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 4, 2023 7:34 AM

There is no Duplicate button to push, to trigger the scan for duplicates. The scan for Duplicates is fully automatic. Once Photos has finished the scan of your library, you will see a Duplicates album in the sidebar, below the "Imports" album, but only, if Photos could recognise at leat one pair of Duplicates. See: Remove duplicate photos in Photos on Mac – Apple Support (UK)

Richard is right, we need to be patient. For my moderately sized library it took three weeks until the Duplicates album appeared in the sidebar.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 4, 2023 7:34 AM in response to marekvalovcin

There is no Duplicate button to push, to trigger the scan for duplicates. The scan for Duplicates is fully automatic. Once Photos has finished the scan of your library, you will see a Duplicates album in the sidebar, below the "Imports" album, but only, if Photos could recognise at leat one pair of Duplicates. See: Remove duplicate photos in Photos on Mac – Apple Support (UK)

Richard is right, we need to be patient. For my moderately sized library it took three weeks until the Duplicates album appeared in the sidebar.

missing button duplicate Photos

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.