Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is There A Way to Automatically Input Artist Names into Apple Music.

Hi,

Having recently had my Macbook Pro replaced I need to restore the music library within Apple Music.

My usual workflow is to use Apple Music to store, organize, create playlists etc and then use Rekordbox to export to a USB.

I have transferred the music from my USB back onto my Macbook Pro. When I import the tracks into Apple Music only the song title appears. I understand that WAVs hold no track information. But is there a way to use the data within a .xml or .m3u8 file generated from Rekordbox, with all the data correct, to populate the relevant data fields within Apple Music or I'm I inevitably going to have to type them in manually?

Thanks in advance,

Posted on Jan 4, 2023 3:32 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 4, 2023 7:16 AM

Hopefully you have these tracks organized in the typical layout that Apple uses, ../<Album Artist>/<Album>/## <Name>.<Ext>. If so I have just the thing for you. See TagFromFilename for details. XML files generated by iTunes/Music containing references to .wav files should restore the metadata on import, but I don't know if Rekordbox's playlists will behave the same way. It would be a challenge to reconnect the data otherwise.

tt2

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 4, 2023 7:16 AM in response to junhochan1988

Hopefully you have these tracks organized in the typical layout that Apple uses, ../<Album Artist>/<Album>/## <Name>.<Ext>. If so I have just the thing for you. See TagFromFilename for details. XML files generated by iTunes/Music containing references to .wav files should restore the metadata on import, but I don't know if Rekordbox's playlists will behave the same way. It would be a challenge to reconnect the data otherwise.

tt2

Jan 4, 2023 8:50 AM in response to junhochan1988

This is exactly what I was looking for!

Me too. Took me a while to track it down because I forgot that I'd written it! 🙂

Just in case I didn't make it clear you have to add the files to Music first in such a way that Music doesn't rename them, i.e. by turning off Keep organized..., or turning off Copy files... and adding them from a location outside of the media folder. You cannot use the Automatically Add to Music folder either.

tt2

Is There A Way to Automatically Input Artist Names into Apple Music.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.