Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iMac 27 does not boot from USB

Hi all,

I had to change the hard disk of my iMac 27 (late 2015) because it was broken and now I cannot reinstall the macOS.

I do not have any other iMac and I tried to create the USB from a Windows computer using TransMAC app. I tried with Sierra and Capitan macOS dmg files.

When I restart the iMac holding OPTION key, I cannot see any bootable disk.

Any idea how I could create a bootable USB from Windows?

Thanks in advance for the help.

Regards,

Rafa

iMac 27″, macOS 11.5

Posted on Jan 4, 2023 4:25 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 4, 2023 8:11 AM

I am going to guess that the problem is with the format of the formatting of the flash drive or that the operating system has not correctly/successfully been installed on it. I suggest that you find someone who has a Mac and use it to make a startup disk. I do not recommend flash drives as they can be unreliable, so try using an external drive that connects via a USB cable. Good luck.

Similar questions

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 4, 2023 8:11 AM in response to rvicent

I am going to guess that the problem is with the format of the formatting of the flash drive or that the operating system has not correctly/successfully been installed on it. I suggest that you find someone who has a Mac and use it to make a startup disk. I do not recommend flash drives as they can be unreliable, so try using an external drive that connects via a USB cable. Good luck.

iMac 27 does not boot from USB

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.