Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Photo Storage in iCloud

My daughter & I have the exact same settings set up on our iPhones for the photo app, (Optimise iPhone storage etc) we both have the 200gig storage plan. She has over 12,000 photos & according to her storage she is using 64gb of 200gb just in photos.

I have 3,200 photos & are using 109.7gb just in photos. How can that be?

Am I missing something here?

Hope you can help as I’m stumped on this one.

Thanks in advance.

Posted on Jan 4, 2023 7:19 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 5, 2023 12:33 PM

Thanks for reaching out Sidari10,

It sounds like you are trying to compare your storage to your daughter's storage on your respective devices. We can help.

First, it is important to keep in mind that not all photos are the same size in terms of data. Also, if you are optimizing photos, typically a smaller iPhone-sized version is saved on the device, while the larger copy is saved on iCloud. Videos can also count toward the totals and are much larger than photos.

You may also want to make sure you are both comparing Settings > [Your Name] > iCloud > Manage Account Storage, and not Settings > General > iPhone Storage. Learn more here: Manage your iCloud storage.

Hope that helps.

Take care.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 5, 2023 12:33 PM in response to Sidari10

Thanks for reaching out Sidari10,

It sounds like you are trying to compare your storage to your daughter's storage on your respective devices. We can help.

First, it is important to keep in mind that not all photos are the same size in terms of data. Also, if you are optimizing photos, typically a smaller iPhone-sized version is saved on the device, while the larger copy is saved on iCloud. Videos can also count toward the totals and are much larger than photos.

You may also want to make sure you are both comparing Settings > [Your Name] > iCloud > Manage Account Storage, and not Settings > General > iPhone Storage. Learn more here: Manage your iCloud storage.

Hope that helps.

Take care.

Photo Storage in iCloud

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.