Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

problems creating a child Apple ID

I go through all the stages of creating a child Apple ID, but the (correct) phone number keeps coming back as invalid. This forum has suggested changing +44 UK to +44 Isle of Man, but can anyone tell me how to do that please?

MacBook Pro 16″, macOS 13.0

Posted on Jan 4, 2023 8:02 AM

1 reply

Jan 5, 2023 12:55 PM in response to ApplesAndPears8

Hello ApplesAndPears8,

If you're receiving an error that the phone number is invalid, make sure the Apple ID country/region is set correctly to match the phone number you're attempting to add. This would apply to the family organizer, and the child account you're setting up. The country/region for both will need to match. Change your Apple ID country or region provides steps to check the Apple ID country or region.

1. "Open the Music app or iTunes.
  2. In the menu bar at the top of the screen or the top of the iTunes window, click Account, then click View My Account or Account Settings.
  3. Sign in with your Apple ID.
  4. On the Account Information page, click Change Country or Region."

If you need additional help after giving those steps a try, contact Apple Support.

Take care!

problems creating a child Apple ID

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.