Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Not seeing notifications on Lock Screen? Do this…

If you’re on iOS 16.1 and no longer seeing notifications like you used to on the lock screen, swipe down to display Lock Screen (sometimes it will show how many notifications you have like in my screenshot and sometimes you’ll see nothing), then gently swipe up from around the middle of the screen. I have no idea why Apple would make this feature change, makes no sense, but there you have it.

iPhone 14 Pro, iOS 16

Posted on Jan 4, 2023 9:33 AM

1 reply

Jan 15, 2023 8:34 AM in response to MKDim

I have the same problem (iPhone 8/iOS 16.2) and the method given here works but I have to do it every time to view the notifications. Notifications do not *automatically* show up on the lock screen - Apple News, Gmail, 2-factor log-in, etc.

Oddly enough, notifications for Messages do appear. But all others are silent.

I have Notifications on in Settings, have made all in-app Notification settings match those that are in Messages but no luck. I also went through Focus and do not have anything set up or active there (I think)

This is very annoying and literally happened overnight with (no apparent) changes on my part. Is there any way to address this?

Not seeing notifications on Lock Screen? Do this…

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.