You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

iOS 18 is now available

Customize your iPhone in more ways than ever, stay connected with friends and family, and relive your favorite moments. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Notifications on Lock Screen

in iOS 16, how do you change the notifications on the Lock Screen to go back to how it was? I seriously hate the notifications at the bottom of the screen with a burning passion. Bonus question, how do you move the search bar back to the top instead of the middle of the screen when you swipe from the middle of your Home Screen to search for something? You’d think these be option items like the other changes they do where you can change it back if you want.

iPhone 12 Pro Max

Posted on Sep 12, 2022 7:36 PM

2 replies

Sep 12, 2022 7:59 PM in response to ForbiddenAffairs

I just got updated to iOS 16 myself, so I haven't noted notification differences on my Lock Screen yet. But I do see a config in Settings > Notifications, select Count/Stack/List.. This looks to me pretty similar to what iOS 15 was. Are you saying that the newest notifications populate from bottom to top?

The search bar.. I know what you mean.. but similar to the safari address bar they changed with iOS 15.. I think it will grow on me having the search bar closer within reach when one-handing my phone.

In any case, I don't see an option to change it back. You can always send your feedback to Apple for both items

Feedback - iPhone - Apple

Sep 13, 2022 4:58 AM in response to Chris0107

in the Lock Screen notifications used to be in the middle of the screen underneath the time. Now they’re all the way at the bottom between the camera and flashlight buttons. I hate it. Also, when you swipe down from middle top middle section of your screen it used to take you to notifications. Now it takes you to the Lock Screen and then you have to swipe from bottom up to see your stuff. Like should be optional for these things.

Notifications on Lock Screen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.