You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Air Play no longer working

I had my AppleTV4K wired directly to my monitor/tv. Air play was great. Now that I run it through my Onyko NR 656 receiver, the devices are displayed on my iPhone but when pressed, nothing happens.

I’ve just updated my software.

When I open setup, I can go everywhere except backwards. It takes me to Apple TV streaming app.

I’m looking for a possible fix.

Also, maybe related is that when I change my tv output to from Receiver to TV speakers it works great until I restart, it defaults to receiver. Pain in the butt.

Posted on Jan 4, 2023 12:13 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 5, 2023 6:20 PM

Hey rbrta,

Let's try these steps below:

1. Make sure that your AirPlay-compatible devices are turned on and near each other.
2. Check that the devices are updated to the latest software and are on the same Wi-Fi network. 
3. Restart the devices that you want to use with AirPlay or screen mirroring.

If you're prompted to enter a password, you might have restrictions turned on, or you might need to adjust your AirPlay password settings.

If you still need help, check out some additional info from the article here: If screen mirroring or streaming isn't working on your AirPlay-compatible device

Cheers!

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jan 5, 2023 6:20 PM in response to rbrta

Hey rbrta,

Let's try these steps below:

1. Make sure that your AirPlay-compatible devices are turned on and near each other.
2. Check that the devices are updated to the latest software and are on the same Wi-Fi network. 
3. Restart the devices that you want to use with AirPlay or screen mirroring.

If you're prompted to enter a password, you might have restrictions turned on, or you might need to adjust your AirPlay password settings.

If you still need help, check out some additional info from the article here: If screen mirroring or streaming isn't working on your AirPlay-compatible device

Cheers!

Air Play no longer working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.