Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why don't play counts update?

This is not about syncing devices, before you jump to that conclusion. I play a song on my Mac and it doesn't even show as played on that device. Every song I have imported since February 2022 has supposedly never been played. What is going on with Apple Music?

Display starting 2019

Posted on Jan 4, 2023 12:43 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 6, 2023 8:53 AM

Hi Luke The Drifter,

Thank you for using the Apple Support Communities! To clarify, are you referring to Apple Music Replay? If so, the guidance form the article below may help:

How to get your Apple Music Replay

You might need to play more music. Look for a progress bar on the Replay site to see how much music you need to listen to. As soon as you've played enough music, you'll get a notification that your Replay is ready.
If you still don't see Replay, make sure that Use Listening History is turned on for all of your devices:
On your iPhone or iPad: Go to Settings > Music and turn on Use Listening History.
On your Mac: In the Apple Music app, choose Music > Settings, click the General tab, then select Use Listening History.
On your Android: At the top of the Apple Music app, tap the More button More button , tap Settings, then turn on Use Listening History.

Hope this helps!

Have a great day.

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 6, 2023 8:53 AM in response to Luke The Drifter

Hi Luke The Drifter,

Thank you for using the Apple Support Communities! To clarify, are you referring to Apple Music Replay? If so, the guidance form the article below may help:

How to get your Apple Music Replay

You might need to play more music. Look for a progress bar on the Replay site to see how much music you need to listen to. As soon as you've played enough music, you'll get a notification that your Replay is ready.
If you still don't see Replay, make sure that Use Listening History is turned on for all of your devices:
On your iPhone or iPad: Go to Settings > Music and turn on Use Listening History.
On your Mac: In the Apple Music app, choose Music > Settings, click the General tab, then select Use Listening History.
On your Android: At the top of the Apple Music app, tap the More button More button , tap Settings, then turn on Use Listening History.

Hope this helps!

Have a great day.

Jan 6, 2023 12:14 PM in response to Lissy_12

Thank you: that's kind of you to reply. My music collection adds up to about 21 days' worth, I've had an iTunes library since 2014, and I listen to music every day. And yet Replay says I'm only 10% of the way there, so I'll keep going. It's baffling: I don't know why there are so many things wrong with Apple Music that Apple seem so resistant to addressing. This Listening History thing is the best of your suggestions: thank you so much. I had no idea that it was unchecked on all three devices.

Why don't play counts update?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.