Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Watch Battery

I updated my Apple SE Watch to watchOS 9.1 and my battery started dying rapidly. I use to get through the whole day with still 40% remaining however now my watch it dying before the day is over.

I had my watch replaced under Applecare+ two days ago because the issue couldn't be resolved by Apple however after updating my new watch last night, it is now dying fast again.

My watch is at 100% battery health, I have repaired multiple times, have hardly anything downloaded on it(other than the default things) and followed all the steps found on multiple articles online. Still no luck (on this new watch and my old one that was only a year old)

Is anyone else having the same issue with the new update?

Side note: I lost 4% on my battery just tying this message.

Apple Watch SE

Posted on Jan 4, 2023 3:54 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 5, 2023 1:17 AM

I have the same watch and I have 50-75% remaining battery at bedtime.

Having the same problem (after two days settle time) on two separate watches suggests software problems.

On the iPhone, remove all VPN or security or ad-blocker apps including in the profile section.

Restart the iphone and Watch then erase and pair again.

If the battery usage is still bad after 2 more days, erase and pair as a new watch.

Similar questions

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 5, 2023 1:17 AM in response to Hayley_Phillips

I have the same watch and I have 50-75% remaining battery at bedtime.

Having the same problem (after two days settle time) on two separate watches suggests software problems.

On the iPhone, remove all VPN or security or ad-blocker apps including in the profile section.

Restart the iphone and Watch then erase and pair again.

If the battery usage is still bad after 2 more days, erase and pair as a new watch.

Jan 8, 2023 3:35 PM in response to LD150

Okay I just checked and it has VPN - not connected 'Sign in to a work or school account'.

I don't believe it is a faulty watch, my watch was fine before I did the auto update overnight and I agree its super unlikely this brand new watch also has a battery issue.

This is everything I have done so far:

• Turn off always on display and change wake settings
  • Remove background app refresh
  • Turn off Siri
  • Reduce to minimal notifications and third party apps
  • Removed all songs and other downloaded content taking up storage
  • Cleared all notifications
  • Rest factory settings on watch multiple times from back up and as brand new and repaid with Iphone multiple times
  • Rest watch and turned on and off multiple times, including before charging and after charging

Could there be something else hidden in the settings I am missing?

Thanks!

Jan 8, 2023 10:55 PM in response to Hayley_Phillips

Just in case, check for damaged battery...

Charge the watch to 100% at bedtime.

Take it off charge,

Turn it OFF - hold in side button til you see the sliders and tap the tiny off button, top right. Confirm off with slider. 

In the morning turn it back on and it should be at least 95%. If NOT then the battery is damaged.

If it still discharges unpair it and pair it again without restoring the backup.

After that contact Apple again because you tried everything else.

Apple Watch Battery

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.