Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Battery draining too quickly

My 10-month-old MacBook Air M1 is draining the battery too quickly. It is just giving around 2 hours of battery usage. I used to use the laptop while keeping it plugged in, but for the past 4 days I have had to use it outside my home, and it has been a terrible experience. My battery health is at 98% so that cant is an issue for sure.

I had read it somewhere in the setting that if I keep it plugged in the system figures it out and keeps the charge at 80% instead of charging it to full, which it did. So I don't think keeping it plugged in could have created any issues.

please help

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 13.0

Posted on Jan 5, 2023 4:49 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 5, 2023 6:39 AM

Please read If your Mac battery runs out of charge quickly - Apple Support. The links on that page are applicable, but the following Support document is more likely to help: View energy consumption in Activity Monitor on Mac - Apple Support.

• Energy Impact: A relative measure of the current energy consumption of the app (lower is better).

Using Activity Monitor's Energy tab, you may find one or more apps or processes that are primarily responsible for that Mac's excessive battery consumption.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 5, 2023 6:39 AM in response to avadh_bhadani

Please read If your Mac battery runs out of charge quickly - Apple Support. The links on that page are applicable, but the following Support document is more likely to help: View energy consumption in Activity Monitor on Mac - Apple Support.

• Energy Impact: A relative measure of the current energy consumption of the app (lower is better).

Using Activity Monitor's Energy tab, you may find one or more apps or processes that are primarily responsible for that Mac's excessive battery consumption.

Battery draining too quickly

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.