Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MBP M1 2020 Battery Drain?

Hello,

since a couple of days, my MacBook Pro M1 2020 (purchased Sep 21) has been draining the battery a lot faster than usual. I used to have well over 8 hours of battery life with light safari browsing and some emails with Spark. However, I now get about 30% drain per hour. Activity monitor has no significant apps showing impact on energy. Otherwise, rebooted the Mac, 12.4 latest update, and battery health is 98%. I have 133 cycles in system information.

Anyone have any ideas?

Posted on Jun 24, 2022 2:20 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 25, 2022 12:29 PM

Hello jm3697,

Thanks for participating in the Apple Support Communities.

If you haven't ran diagnostics on your Mac yet, this may be the next best step to take to determine what could be contributing to the battery life you're experiencing. In addition, if you recently installed any macOS updates, this could be expected to occur for the first few days to optimize the new features and settings.

Check out the information below for assistance with getting started with diagnostics, and you can locate additional helpful steps here: Get help with your Mac notebook battery - Apple Support

Diagnose battery issues

Learn how to check your hardware, identify apps or features contributing to high energy use, and resolve charging issues.

Run diagnostics

A great place to start when troubleshooting battery issues is the built-in diagnostics that are available on your Mac notebook. Learn how to use Apple Diagnostics on your Mac.

If you don't find any issues with Apple Diagnostics, read on for more information about troubleshooting your battery.

If you still need assistance after working through the resource and diagnostics, Contact Apple Support directly to check into this in detail.

Cheers!

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 25, 2022 12:29 PM in response to jm3697

Hello jm3697,

Thanks for participating in the Apple Support Communities.

If you haven't ran diagnostics on your Mac yet, this may be the next best step to take to determine what could be contributing to the battery life you're experiencing. In addition, if you recently installed any macOS updates, this could be expected to occur for the first few days to optimize the new features and settings.

Check out the information below for assistance with getting started with diagnostics, and you can locate additional helpful steps here: Get help with your Mac notebook battery - Apple Support

Diagnose battery issues

Learn how to check your hardware, identify apps or features contributing to high energy use, and resolve charging issues.

Run diagnostics

A great place to start when troubleshooting battery issues is the built-in diagnostics that are available on your Mac notebook. Learn how to use Apple Diagnostics on your Mac.

If you don't find any issues with Apple Diagnostics, read on for more information about troubleshooting your battery.

If you still need assistance after working through the resource and diagnostics, Contact Apple Support directly to check into this in detail.

Cheers!

Jun 25, 2022 12:25 PM in response to jm3697

jm3697 wrote:

Hello,
since a couple of days, my MacBook Pro M1 2020 (purchased Sep 21) has been draining the battery a lot faster than usual. I used to have well over 8 hours of battery life with light safari browsing and some emails with Spark. However, I now get about 30% drain per hour. Activity monitor has no significant apps showing impact on energy. Otherwise, rebooted the Mac, 12.4 latest update, and battery health is 98%. I have 133 cycles in system information.

Anyone have any ideas?

You can good look at your System config. and reveal conflicts or issues, you can download/run this trusted utility https://etrecheck.com Allow the Full Disk Access for best results.

If you need help interpreting the report you can post it here in its entirety in the "Additional Text" box in the editing toolbar below, in your reply.

MBP M1 2020 Battery Drain?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.