Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to add multiple photos to one page and be able to custom size them

I am trying to add multiple photos to one page for custom sizing and ultimate printing. I was hoping it is possible to do so with any additional software or apps.

Posted on Jan 5, 2023 9:57 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 5, 2023 10:10 AM

First, you can crop pictures within Photos and, since Photos is uses non-destructive editing, you can undo the crop later. Another option is to duplicate pictures (command-D) and to work on the copy.

To print, try command-P, and choose Contact Sheet. If you want, you can include titles and dates and other information with each picture.

You can adjust the sizes of the pictures on the page by changing the number of columns. I've used 3 columns on US letter paper in the example.

Even though your are in the print dialog, you don't have to actually print this page. You can save it as a PDF by continuing with the print command, and you'll see a pull-down menu in which you can choose PDF.

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 5, 2023 10:10 AM in response to kokoemo

First, you can crop pictures within Photos and, since Photos is uses non-destructive editing, you can undo the crop later. Another option is to duplicate pictures (command-D) and to work on the copy.

To print, try command-P, and choose Contact Sheet. If you want, you can include titles and dates and other information with each picture.

You can adjust the sizes of the pictures on the page by changing the number of columns. I've used 3 columns on US letter paper in the example.

Even though your are in the print dialog, you don't have to actually print this page. You can save it as a PDF by continuing with the print command, and you'll see a pull-down menu in which you can choose PDF.

Jan 5, 2023 1:43 PM in response to kokoemo

You can also use the Preview app on your Mac.

Take a duplicate of any random photo, open it in preview, and do an Edit/Select All, Edit/Delete. That leaves you with a blank transparency screen. With the transparency screen open, open any other photo and do an Edit/Copy and then Edit/Paste it into the transparency screen. You can do this repeatedly with several other photos and position and resize them as you wish.

-- Rich

Jan 5, 2023 1:11 PM in response to kokoemo

Your best bet would be to use Pages, the free app from Apple's App Store.

Setup the page size you want, add the photos and resize and move to where you want them . I used Pages to create this 20" x30" college:

I created a custom page size, added the photos, reside and placed them.

In Pages you can click and drag an image to resize and to drag to a specific location.

Jan 23, 2023 12:22 PM in response to Rich839

Thanks Rich839! It took me a bit to get the hang of this, but cool to learn and definitely another great option. Initially, I was only seeing one pic seemingly replacing the other. Might have been due to not having in full screen as well, but I finally saw the drag handles to adjust size, and ta da! Multiple pics in one space. Thank you!

How to add multiple photos to one page and be able to custom size them

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.