Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Freeform: Doesn’t sync from iPad to iPhone, does NOT save in iCloud even if set to do so, will delete all your work if you turn off.

Why did Apple release Freeform before it was ready? First, It only syncs from an iPhone to an iPad and not vice versa. So if you type Freeform document on your iPad (Pro), even Apple doesn’t know how to get them to appear on your iPhone (14 Pro Max). Second, even if you have the toggle switch turned on in settings under ICloud for the Freeform app, the app doesn’t save the documents into ICloud like the setting says, it is only saving it within the app. There is no backup. So if you do like I was told to do by the Apple tech support Rep and turn this toggle switch on and then off on you iPhone (no change) and then on your IPad (I lost hundreds of hours of document), all the documents you created in Freeform disappear from you iPad and are not saved in iCloud or anywhere else. There is no backup for the Freeform documents in ICloud or anywhere else. Next, when you click this switch off, there should be a warning that you are about to lose X number of documents that cannot be recovered because even though the switch is labeled as a save Freeform documents to icloud it doesn’t really work and you will lose them. There is no “Settings” menu within Freeform which is absolutely ridiculous. So IPad Freeform doesn’t sync to iPhone Freeform, there is no settings menu, it doesn’t save the documents to icloud in a folder or anywhere else only in the app, so if you click off the icloud Freeform switch you loose all your documents with no warning. Take my advice and use Evernote or any other app until Apple fixes these egregious errors in software judgement.

iPad Air 2

Posted on Jan 5, 2023 10:31 AM

Similar questions

2 replies

Freeform: Doesn’t sync from iPad to iPhone, does NOT save in iCloud even if set to do so, will delete all your work if you turn off.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.