Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I once again use Touch ID once I have used emergency sos

I used emergency sos it disabled my Touch ID. How do I get it back?

iPad Air, iPadOS 15

Posted on Jan 5, 2023 1:21 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 5, 2023 1:45 PM

Try and enter your passcode to see if Touch ID comes back. You will need to enter your passcode after using emergency sos.

If Touch ID is still not working after that try:

Follow these steps. Try using Touch ID after each step:

1. Make sure that you have the latest version of iOS or iPadOS.
  2. Make sure that your fingers and the Touch ID sensor are clean and dry.* For the Touch ID sensor, use a clean, lint-free cloth to wipe off any dirt or debris.
  3. Your finger should cover the Touch ID sensor completely, touching the surrounding metal ring. While Touch ID is scanning, you shouldn't tap too quickly or move your finger around.
  4. If you're using a case or screen protector, make sure it doesn't cover the Touch ID sensor or the surrounding ring.
  5. Go to Settings > Touch ID & Passcode and make sure that iPhone Unlock or iTunes & App Store is on, and that you've enrolled one or more fingerprints.
  6. Try enrolling a different finger.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 5, 2023 1:45 PM in response to Nicodemusbj

Try and enter your passcode to see if Touch ID comes back. You will need to enter your passcode after using emergency sos.

If Touch ID is still not working after that try:

Follow these steps. Try using Touch ID after each step:

1. Make sure that you have the latest version of iOS or iPadOS.
  2. Make sure that your fingers and the Touch ID sensor are clean and dry.* For the Touch ID sensor, use a clean, lint-free cloth to wipe off any dirt or debris.
  3. Your finger should cover the Touch ID sensor completely, touching the surrounding metal ring. While Touch ID is scanning, you shouldn't tap too quickly or move your finger around.
  4. If you're using a case or screen protector, make sure it doesn't cover the Touch ID sensor or the surrounding ring.
  5. Go to Settings > Touch ID & Passcode and make sure that iPhone Unlock or iTunes & App Store is on, and that you've enrolled one or more fingerprints.
  6. Try enrolling a different finger.

How can I once again use Touch ID once I have used emergency sos

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.