Newsroom Update

Apple Music today announced the release of its 100 Best Albums of all time, a list crafted by Apple Music’s experts alongside industry professionals. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I transferred music from my iPod to my iPhone using FoneTool. The songs are now listed as mp3 files in the File folder of FoneTool. I can play each song by clicking on the file but I am looking for an audio player to use with these. Does one exist?

Is there an iPhone music player that can play the mp3 files in my FoneTool app?

iPhone XS, iOS 15

Posted on Jan 5, 2023 6:04 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 6, 2023 10:14 AM

That wasn't the ideal approach. See Recover your iTunes library from your iPod or iOS device - Apple Community. Perhaps the files are visible in iTunes sharing so they can be copied to your computer. See Use iTunes to share files between your computer and your iOS or iPadOS device - Apple Support. Or maybe they are visible in iCloud Drive. Ideally you want to copy your songs to an iTunes library on a computer, then sync from there to the Music app on the device.

tt2

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 6, 2023 10:14 AM in response to Woodfrey

That wasn't the ideal approach. See Recover your iTunes library from your iPod or iOS device - Apple Community. Perhaps the files are visible in iTunes sharing so they can be copied to your computer. See Use iTunes to share files between your computer and your iOS or iPadOS device - Apple Support. Or maybe they are visible in iCloud Drive. Ideally you want to copy your songs to an iTunes library on a computer, then sync from there to the Music app on the device.

tt2

I transferred music from my iPod to my iPhone using FoneTool. The songs are now listed as mp3 files in the File folder of FoneTool. I can play each song by clicking on the file but I am looking for an audio player to use with these. Does one exist?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.