Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to change the Notification email for my Apple ID?

How to change the Notification email for my Apple ID? I removed it, and need to re-establish it.

Mac mini, macOS 12.6

Posted on Jan 5, 2023 6:13 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 5, 2023 7:34 PM

About your Apple ID email addresses - Apple Support

Read the above article about various types of email addresses and how to edit them.

4 replies

Jan 6, 2023 7:22 AM in response to Limnos

Thanks for the reference. It describes all but one fact relating to my issue: once someone removes their current Notification email, it cannot be recovered. Following that removal, the additional email addresses entered under Personal Information will be used by Apple to transmit security information related to your Apple ID that would otherwise use the Notification Email.

Jan 6, 2023 8:34 AM in response to Limnos

The part of Apple's management of this - the Notification Email - element that strikes me is that the section of the Safety page that originally allowed that data to either be changed or removed, disappears from the Safety page once the email is removed. That choice to manage that piece of data is then no longer available. I believe this is different than Apple's known aversion to email reuse.

How to change the Notification email for my Apple ID?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.