Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Found IPhone

My father Found an iPhone 12 Pro Max and we kept it 3 weeks to see if the owner would call or text, we even called the number on the screen couple times and no one has answered. The phone is locked with iCloud, My question is if there is anything I can do to restart it completely?

iPhone 12 Pro Max

Posted on Jan 5, 2023 6:23 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 5, 2023 7:27 PM

If you have found a device, turn it on and see if there's a message. The owner may have done this:

Use the Find My app to locate a missing device or item - Use the Find My app to locate a missing device or item - Apple Support

"What happens if you activate Mark As Lost

...You can also display a custom message with your phone number on the Lock screen, and keep track of your device's location."

For some iPhones --> Return a lost, locked iPhone, click here --> Return a lost, locked iPhone - Apple Support

Otherwise turn it into authorities responsible for dealing with lost items.

Apple has two related features, Activation Lock ( Activation Lock for iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support ) and Find My ( iCloud - Find My - Apple ), which are designed to prevent anyone else from using an iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch if it's ever lost or stolen. Deactivation of either requires knowing the Apple ID and password that set the feature.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 5, 2023 7:27 PM in response to Ivea

If you have found a device, turn it on and see if there's a message. The owner may have done this:

Use the Find My app to locate a missing device or item - Use the Find My app to locate a missing device or item - Apple Support

"What happens if you activate Mark As Lost

...You can also display a custom message with your phone number on the Lock screen, and keep track of your device's location."

For some iPhones --> Return a lost, locked iPhone, click here --> Return a lost, locked iPhone - Apple Support

Otherwise turn it into authorities responsible for dealing with lost items.

Apple has two related features, Activation Lock ( Activation Lock for iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support ) and Find My ( iCloud - Find My - Apple ), which are designed to prevent anyone else from using an iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch if it's ever lost or stolen. Deactivation of either requires knowing the Apple ID and password that set the feature.

Found IPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.