📢 Newsroom Update

Introducing Apple Watch Series 10. Learn more >

📢 Newsroom Update

Apple Watch Ultra 2 now available in black titanium. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Watch Chimes Sound when Sleep Mode is on

Hi to all,

I have been having a problem with my Apple Watch S7 lately. I go to bed in the evening, Sleep Mode turns on automatically, I manually turn off vibrations on the watch (Red Bell is off - so that I wake up in the morning with an alarm clock with vibrations, not just vibrations). And before I fall asleep, I watch TV shows on my iPhone, for example.

I have Chimes set on my Apple Watch, and when the clock strikes, they will chime. It didn't do that before, simply when Sleep Mode was on, sounds were enabled (including vibrations), the watch didn't notify anything in Sleep Mode.

I've had Focuses set up for quite some time, I don't think there will be a problem there. I recently bought an iPhone 14 Pro Max, but the settings transferred without a problem. And I think everything is set up correctly.

I'm asking for advice if anyone else has encountered this or if your Watch is also doing this to you during Sleep Mode.

Thanks in advance for the advice and answers.

Apple Watch Series 7

Posted on Jan 6, 2023 4:22 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 6, 2023 4:32 AM

Try and restart the apple watch to see if the problem persists, that helped me with this problem

How to restart your Apple Watch if you have watchOS 9

1. If your Apple Watch is charging, take it off the charger.
  2. Press and hold the side button until you see the power button  in the upper-right corner of the display.
  3. Tap the power button.
  4. Drag the Power Off slider.
  5. After your watch turns off, press and hold the side button again until you see the Apple logo.

How to restart your Apple Watch if you have watchOS 8 or earlier

2. Press and hold the side button until you see the Power Off slider.
  3. Drag the Power Off slider.
  4. After your watch turns off, press and hold the side button again until you see the Apple logo.

4 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jan 6, 2023 4:32 AM in response to jaroslav_k626

Try and restart the apple watch to see if the problem persists, that helped me with this problem

How to restart your Apple Watch if you have watchOS 9

2. Press and hold the side button until you see the power button  in the upper-right corner of the display.
  3. Tap the power button.
  4. Drag the Power Off slider.
  5. After your watch turns off, press and hold the side button again until you see the Apple logo.

How to restart your Apple Watch if you have watchOS 8 or earlier

2. Press and hold the side button until you see the Power Off slider.
  3. Drag the Power Off slider.
  4. After your watch turns off, press and hold the side button again until you see the Apple logo.

Apple Watch Chimes Sound when Sleep Mode is on

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.