Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Transfer music to a different Apple ID

I have for historical reasons 2 Apple IDs:

A) firstname.lastname@icloud.com

B) firstname.lastname@mailprovider.com

I have an Apple Music subscription with B, but would now move it to A.

I have now made a subscription for A, but when I log out of B in Apple Music, and log in to A, I only see the titles which I had ripped from various sources (CDs, Youtube Videos, etc.), but not the ones that I had downloaded from Apple Music. How can I transfer those to my new ID?

MacBook Pro

Posted on Jan 6, 2023 9:18 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 7, 2023 8:03 AM

Thanks a lot Phil0124!

That's what I eventually did, I created an intelligent playlist which filtered for all titles from Apple Music, and stored the URL. I also created intelligent playlists which filtered for 1*, 2*, etc.

Then I logged in with the new ID, imported all titles from the playlist, and set the * rating based on the sub-playlists.

Lots of efforts, but now it works!

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 7, 2023 8:03 AM in response to Phil0124

Thanks a lot Phil0124!

That's what I eventually did, I created an intelligent playlist which filtered for all titles from Apple Music, and stored the URL. I also created intelligent playlists which filtered for 1*, 2*, etc.

Then I logged in with the new ID, imported all titles from the playlist, and set the * rating based on the sub-playlists.

Lots of efforts, but now it works!

Jan 6, 2023 9:43 AM in response to Gaston__63

Unfortunately, that is not possible. Tracks downloaded through the Apple Music subscription service are tied to the Apple ID that holds them.

The best you can do is share a text playlist over a message to the other Apple ID.

1.  Open the Apple Music app on your mobile device (iPhone, iPod touch, iPad)
  2. Tap "Playlists" in the "Library" tab.
  3. Scroll to find the playlist you wish to share. Tap or click to open it.
  4. Tap or click the three-dots icon at the top of the playlist page to open a pop-up menu.
  5. Tap or click "Share Playlist…"
  6. Choose from the many options listed to share your playlist as you like. You can tap a recent contact at the top, use AirDrop with nearby devices, or choose to send by email or social media. Swipe left or right over the app shortcuts to scroll through more options. Some may allow you to add a message when sending. Finally, you can tap the "Copy" option to copy a link to the playlist, which you can then paste anywhere.

Transfer music to a different Apple ID

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.