Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Explicit Content Switch

As I understand it, if a parent wants to use content blockers in addition to Apple's filters, an enterprising child can simply go to Settings>Safari>Content Blockers and unselect "All Websites" to disable them, even with Restrictions enabled.

Is this true?

Is there a way to disable the ability to disable content blockers?

Or are the only options

• Restrict websites to a whitelist or blacklist in Restrictions

or

• Open internet?

Posted on Jan 6, 2023 2:59 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 8, 2023 7:11 PM

Hi Toberific,

Thank you for participating in the Apple Support Communities. If you are trying to use restrictions, here are the ways you are able to: Use parental controls on your child's iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

If you would like to leave feedback for Apple on this, here is where you can do so: Product Feedback - Apple

Have a great day.

8 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 8, 2023 7:11 PM in response to Toberific

Hi Toberific,

Thank you for participating in the Apple Support Communities. If you are trying to use restrictions, here are the ways you are able to: Use parental controls on your child's iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

If you would like to leave feedback for Apple on this, here is where you can do so: Product Feedback - Apple

Have a great day.

Jan 14, 2023 10:48 AM in response to bryanr14

Hi bryanr14,

Have you tried what you're saying on a device? On my own device, I

• Enabled ScreenTime, including the built-in content filter
  • Then went to Settings>Safari>Content Blockers
  • And the "Other Websites" toggle is still switchable.
  • And content blockers are still toggleable via the "AA puzzle icon" in the Safari search bar.

What am I missing? Thanks in advance for your help.

Explicit Content Switch

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.