Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Macbook pro 2019 Overheating

Hi , I am wondering why my macbook pro gets very hot when I am using small applications such as Microsoft word. Also, I would like to know what temperatures MacBooks usually operate at. Finally, is there a way (or an app) that I can use to change the settings on my computers fan.

my MacBook is a MacBook Pro 2019 with an i9 and amd Radeon 5500m 8gb

MacBook Pro

Posted on Jan 6, 2023 3:24 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 6, 2023 3:30 PM

Try and boot your Mac in the safe mode to see if the heating issue persists

1. Turn on or restart your Mac, then immediately press and hold the Shift key until you see the login window.
  2. Log in to your Mac.
  3. You might be asked to log in again.
  4. On either the first or second login window, you should see “Safe Boot” in the menu bar.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 6, 2023 3:30 PM in response to Jets_De_Los

Try and boot your Mac in the safe mode to see if the heating issue persists

1. Turn on or restart your Mac, then immediately press and hold the Shift key until you see the login window.
  2. Log in to your Mac.
  3. You might be asked to log in again.
  4. On either the first or second login window, you should see “Safe Boot” in the menu bar.

Macbook pro 2019 Overheating

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.