Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Delete fonts - how is this done?

I have at least 80 fonts that are not functional. They all are listed with six rectangles [] [] [] [] [] [] beside their font name. How can they be deleted or uninstalled? My Photoshop is on a Mac.

I have opened Font Book within Launchpad and searched for the dysfunctional fonts but they do not appear there. Yet they do appear in the Photoshop & Word font drop-down font menu. I searched for the names of the dysfunctional fonts in fonts.adobe.com and they do not exist there.

I have not been able to delete them within Word, Photoshop, or Font Book or anything else. There are so many dysfunctional fonts that it really complicates efforts to select a usable font.  Is there a way to remove or delete unwanted fonts?

iMac Line (2012 and Later)

Posted on Jan 6, 2023 4:40 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 8, 2023 4:25 AM

Thank you for your response.

Yes, I have read and tried those. However, they do not work for the reasons I stated above ("I have opened Font Book within Launchpad and searched for the dysfunctional fonts but they do not appear there. Yet they do appear in the Photoshop & Word font drop-down font menu. I searched for the names of the dysfunctional fonts in fonts.adobe.com and they do not exist there.")

I have since learned that these Apple imbedded "Noto" fonts can be viewed and then hidden (not deleted) using an App called RightFont. There were about a hundred of the "Noto" fonts that did nothing and they were really annoying. I am so glad to have them out of my view when using Apps like Photoshop, Word, Excel, etc.

Thanks again for your reply.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 8, 2023 4:25 AM in response to Rudegar

Thank you for your response.

Yes, I have read and tried those. However, they do not work for the reasons I stated above ("I have opened Font Book within Launchpad and searched for the dysfunctional fonts but they do not appear there. Yet they do appear in the Photoshop & Word font drop-down font menu. I searched for the names of the dysfunctional fonts in fonts.adobe.com and they do not exist there.")

I have since learned that these Apple imbedded "Noto" fonts can be viewed and then hidden (not deleted) using an App called RightFont. There were about a hundred of the "Noto" fonts that did nothing and they were really annoying. I am so glad to have them out of my view when using Apps like Photoshop, Word, Excel, etc.

Thanks again for your reply.

Delete fonts - how is this done?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.