Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I activate iPhone but I just brought besides putting my current SIM card inside the new iPhone

I have a new iPhone and I put my current Sim card from my old iPhone into the new one. Thinking I could use activate it like that but it sanded iPhone is not activating and that I needed to contact apple.

iPhone 5

Posted on Jan 6, 2023 9:47 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 6, 2023 10:00 PM

Rebeccaramsey1985 Said:

"I have a new iPhone and I put my current Sim card from my old iPhone into the new one. Thinking I could use activate it like that but it sanded iPhone is not activating and that I needed to contact apple."

-------

Troubleshoot "Unable to Activate":

A. Start Here: If you can't Activate your iPhone - Apple Support

As it Reads: "If your iPhone can't be activated or an alert says the activation server is unavailable or the SIM card is unsupported, learn what to do."

B. Install a Cellular Update:

Your device is quite old. So, that may be the culprit. But, before making that assertion, try the following. It might be prompting you for a cellular update to install. So, go here for that. Update your carrier settings manually on your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 6, 2023 10:00 PM in response to Rebeccaramsey1985

Rebeccaramsey1985 Said:

"I have a new iPhone and I put my current Sim card from my old iPhone into the new one. Thinking I could use activate it like that but it sanded iPhone is not activating and that I needed to contact apple."

-------

Troubleshoot "Unable to Activate":

A. Start Here: If you can't Activate your iPhone - Apple Support

As it Reads: "If your iPhone can't be activated or an alert says the activation server is unavailable or the SIM card is unsupported, learn what to do."

B. Install a Cellular Update:

Your device is quite old. So, that may be the culprit. But, before making that assertion, try the following. It might be prompting you for a cellular update to install. So, go here for that. Update your carrier settings manually on your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

How do I activate iPhone but I just brought besides putting my current SIM card inside the new iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.