Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My fiance inherited his brothres IPad and we are unable to factory reset it to use as there was an Activation Lock placed on it... However his brother is deceased. How can we unlock this IPad?

My fiance inherited his brothres IPad and we are unable to factory reset it to use as there was an Activation Lock placed on it... However his brother is deceased. How can we unlock this IPad?

When we tried to factory reset it, it said we need to contact the prior owner to have it removed from his account.

iPad

Posted on Jan 7, 2023 10:04 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 7, 2023 10:06 PM

For information about how to request access to a deceased family member's Apple accounts, and through this their equipment, click here --> How to request access to a deceased family member's Apple account - Apple Support

1 reply

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.