Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I'm not able to tag my Pictures

Once again it is impossible to move the tag circle to a persons face in Pictures. The first time this happened was after Ventura was installed but then it was fixed in the first update.

There has been no new update (I have searched for it today) and now I'm back to not being able to tag my pictures, as I want!

Hopefully someone has a solution this time as well🤞🏼

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 13.1

Posted on Jan 8, 2023 2:08 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 8, 2023 10:52 AM

kforbesrolfsen, there are two work-arounds, when you cannot drag the circle to the face where you want to place it.

1. type the name into the text field, use where the circle has pooped up. Then you can usually drag the named faces circle to the proper place around the face and adjust the size.
  2. Or click into the background, outside the circle, this will bring back the focus to the image and you can drag and adjust the faces circle.

If both does not work, relaunch Photos, and if it still does not work restart the Mac. I am seeing the problem with Faces circles that cannot be adjusted usually together with error logs by Photos in the Console window. Then a restart will help.

9 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 8, 2023 10:52 AM in response to kforbesrolfsen

kforbesrolfsen, there are two work-arounds, when you cannot drag the circle to the face where you want to place it.

1. type the name into the text field, use where the circle has pooped up. Then you can usually drag the named faces circle to the proper place around the face and adjust the size.
  2. Or click into the background, outside the circle, this will bring back the focus to the image and you can drag and adjust the faces circle.

If both does not work, relaunch Photos, and if it still does not work restart the Mac. I am seeing the problem with Faces circles that cannot be adjusted usually together with error logs by Photos in the Console window. Then a restart will help.

Jan 8, 2023 10:22 AM in response to kforbesrolfsen

Try the following in order:

1 - As a test launch Photos with the Option key held down and create a new, test library.  Import some photos and test to see if the same problem persists. Does it? This tells us if the problem is limited to your current library or is more wide spread. If you're able to move the face circle in the test library, close it and try your primary library again.

2 - boot into Safe Mode according to How to use safe mode on your Mac and test to see if the problem persists. Reboot normally and test again.

NOTE 1: Safe Mode boot can take up to 3 - 5 minutes as it's doing the following; 

• Verifies your startup disk and attempts to repair directory issues, if needed

• Loads only required kernel extensions (prevents 3rd party kernel/extensions from loading)

• Prevents Startup Items and Login Items from opening automatically

• Disables user-installed fonts 

• Deletes font caches, kernel cache, and other system cache files

NOTE 2: if you have a wireless keyboard with rechargeable batteries connect it with its charging cable before booting into Safe Mode. This makes it act as a wired keyboard as will insure a successful boot into Safe Mode.

Jan 8, 2023 5:15 AM in response to PRP_53

I can see that you don't have the option that I have. "Legg til ansikter" means "Add people". When I click the + I can add as many face tags as I want. I normally can place them exactly where I want them in the picture. When I look at a person in the People gallery I can choose between showing the whole picture or just the part of the face that is inside the circle.

Now moving the circle is not possible! This has disappeared , once again!

Jan 8, 2023 10:09 AM in response to PRP_53

Of course it looked a bit strange with a picture with no person in it but I picked that not to put out a picture of any person. I sometimes also tag pictures with no faces to link them to a certain person and that has not been a problem at all earlier.

The big problem is that I am now not allowed to move the circle at all in the picture, with or without a person in it! So my only issue is: How to move the circle tag in a picture again?

I'm not able to tag my Pictures

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.