Newsroom Update

Updates to the Home experience elevate entertainment and bring more convenience. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I share an Apple TV account on Apple Devices?

We've been successful at sharing an Apple TV account on our Windows PCs, but we're having a difficult time sharing the same account across Apple devices (specifically, another iPhone and an iPad). We've followed the directions on the web, and nothing is working. This is what we've tried:

1. Go to settings on the iPhone that owns the account.
  2. Go to the Apple TV app. and sign in Home Sharing as the owner of the account.
  3. Repeat on the other iPhone and the iPad.
  4. That works for the source iPhone but not for either the destination iPhone or iPad (which are owned by another user). Both of those devices show the destination owner within the app itself.

What gives? Supposedly, we can share the same account across multiple devices in the same household and I don't understand that's the case for Windows but not Apple devices.

iPhone 12 Pro Max, iOS 16

Posted on Jan 8, 2023 5:45 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 8, 2023 6:11 AM

Depends on what you're trying to share.

If you want to share purchased items or Apple TV+ content with other family members: Set up Family Sharing - Apple Support

If you simply are sharing your library of home videos or purchased content on your authorized devices: Use Home Sharing to share media from a computer to other devices - Apple Support

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 8, 2023 6:11 AM in response to rranger

Depends on what you're trying to share.

If you want to share purchased items or Apple TV+ content with other family members: Set up Family Sharing - Apple Support

If you simply are sharing your library of home videos or purchased content on your authorized devices: Use Home Sharing to share media from a computer to other devices - Apple Support

How do I share an Apple TV account on Apple Devices?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.