Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Notification cancelled

I accidentally called 911 and when I terminated the call, Notification canceled appeared on the screen and the screen is frozen. I tried the up and down volume and the home key which did not work as it was recommended. I found that if I asked Siri, I could turn the phone off and then turn it on again and the problem was resolved. I have an iPhone 14.

Posted on Jan 8, 2023 8:17 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 8, 2023 8:28 AM

These are the correct gestures to perform when your iPhone 14 is frozen:

Press and quickly release the volume up button, press and quickly release the volume down button, then press and hold the side (power) button. Only when the Apple logo appears (it might take 10-20 seconds), release that button (ignore all other screens that might appear, the one with the "slider" to turn the device off included).

I'm telling you this, because sometimes SIRI might not respond/help you, if the iPhone is frozen.

Regards

Giulio

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 8, 2023 8:28 AM in response to sacses

These are the correct gestures to perform when your iPhone 14 is frozen:

Press and quickly release the volume up button, press and quickly release the volume down button, then press and hold the side (power) button. Only when the Apple logo appears (it might take 10-20 seconds), release that button (ignore all other screens that might appear, the one with the "slider" to turn the device off included).

I'm telling you this, because sometimes SIRI might not respond/help you, if the iPhone is frozen.

Regards

Giulio

Notification cancelled

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.