You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My new iPhone shows my carrier as iPhone 53.0 in my settings

Due to the fact that my settings show my carrier as iPhone 53.0 in my settings, my carrier says they can't do anything until the carrier unlocks it. Unfortunately, my carrier and Apple both have no idea who or what the carrier is. Apple has run diagnostics and said there is nothing wrong with the phone. I have uploaded all my cloud and I can do everything except call people or text non iPhone people. I have no cellular connection.

iPhone 14, iOS 16

Posted on Jan 8, 2023 9:27 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 14, 2023 12:28 PM

Did you manage to delete iphone 53.0?

Because I'm having this problem too.

12 replies

Jan 8, 2023 3:22 PM in response to hpsharp

I’m having the same issue. I’m trying to switch from T-Mobile to Verizon. And I paid for my 14 pro max in full. T-Mobile says my phone is unlocked and my number was ported over, but Verizon is saying T-Mobile still has ahold of the esim. T-Mobile told me to delete the esim and now the carrier says iPhone 53.0. This literally all happened today too.

My new iPhone shows my carrier as iPhone 53.0 in my settings

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.