Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to buy an Iphone in Apple.com (USA) from Europe (Norwegian resident) and delivery to my son in USA?

Hi,

I want to buy an iPhone for my son as a gift. He is an exchange student with a

permanent residence in the US for the next 5 month.

Thanks!

Posted on Jan 9, 2023 3:34 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 10, 2023 3:54 AM

I had a call with Apple USA and Apple Norway.

Apple.com (USA) only accepts credit cards that has a billing address inside US and only Paypal-accounts registered in US.

What is the problem with a Visa card that has a billing address in Europe?

It's supposed to be a gift from someone far away and delivery is within the US after all. Sad :-(

13 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 10, 2023 3:54 AM in response to Johnathan Burger

Apple.com (USA) only accepts credit cards that has a billing address inside US and only Paypal-accounts registered in US.

It's supposed to be a gift from someone far away and delivery is within the US after all. Sad :-(

Jan 9, 2023 7:33 AM in response to Sonia1900

Buy iPhone - Apple

Use the above link to shop for iPhones. My understanding is there should be no problem doing what you want to do. Most credit cards can be used internationally and since you are buying the phone in the USA for delivery in the USA there shouldn't be any shipping issues.

There's more about international gifting at Gifting - Shopping Help - Apple

Jan 9, 2023 1:22 PM in response to Sonia1900

Contact Apple about this. What you are doing is exactly what is discussed in the link I provided.

To contact Apple, click here --> Choose your country or region - Official Apple Support

Select your country, then a product. If you don't see one that handles your issue then keep experimenting with selections until you reach one that gets you a chat session or a telephone call and get the representative to redirect you.

or:

Contact Apple for support and service by telephone --> Contact Apple for support and service - Apple Support

Jan 9, 2023 4:06 PM in response to Johnathan Burger

No, it still depends upon looking at the country from which the gift is going to be sent.

Hilfe zum Geschenkeinkauf - Einkaufshilfe - Apple (DE)

Says you can send gifts from Germany to 15 European countries. I don't speak Norwegian so I didn't check from there. I'm guessing it is similar but obviously needs checking for somebody who can read the Norwegian Store, hence my suggestion to do that.

Jan 9, 2023 9:18 PM in response to Limnos

Limnos wrote:

No, it still depends upon looking at the country from which the gift is going to be sent.

Hilfe zum Geschenkeinkauf - Einkaufshilfe - Apple (DE)

Says you can send gifts from Germany to 15 European countries.

But where does the credit card need to be from? To send a gift from the U.S. Store, for example, the credit card used has to be a U.S. credit card. I would guess that OP would need to send the phone from the Norwegian Store if the rules are similar to the ones for the U.S. store.

Jan 9, 2023 1:18 PM in response to Limnos

Hi, thanks for your answer. My creditcard uses everywhere i USA. The problem is only in the Apple Store USA (apple.com)

I tried with Paypal too, but I got the message: "Apple Inc only accepts payments from PayPal accounts registered in the United States" :-(

I didn't think it was that complicated to buy from Apple.com. My son needs to wait some months for his Christmas and birthday present.

I hope someone from Apple can change it.

Jan 10, 2023 12:41 PM in response to Sonia1900

Sonia1900 wrote:

There is no “problem”. That is simply Apple’s policy. We could speculate regarding the reasons for that decision, that speculation would be worth exactly what you paid for it.

How to buy an Iphone in Apple.com (USA) from Europe (Norwegian resident) and delivery to my son in USA?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.