Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is switching between multiple computer screens possible?

Hi,

How can I switch between multiple computer screens using only the keyboard? It would mean relocating the mouse to the second screen so I could control it.

thanks.

MacBook Pro

Posted on Jan 9, 2023 9:35 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 9, 2023 3:03 PM

I really like Extended Desktop, where the two displays a are concatenated along an edge to form one larger Extended Desktop. just move the mouse in the direction of the other display and it moves to the other display, once you have correlated the positions in physical space with the presentation in arrangement:

Alternatives:

If you are a big user of Mission control, and use Mission Control to create different 'Spaces' for different groups of tasks, you can extend that concept to include 'Displays have separate spaces'. you use the regular 'spaces' shortcuts to move between spaces, they are just on different displays.

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 9, 2023 3:03 PM in response to paz84

I really like Extended Desktop, where the two displays a are concatenated along an edge to form one larger Extended Desktop. just move the mouse in the direction of the other display and it moves to the other display, once you have correlated the positions in physical space with the presentation in arrangement:

Alternatives:

If you are a big user of Mission control, and use Mission Control to create different 'Spaces' for different groups of tasks, you can extend that concept to include 'Displays have separate spaces'. you use the regular 'spaces' shortcuts to move between spaces, they are just on different displays.

Jan 9, 2023 12:41 PM in response to paz84

If just switching between screens connected to the same computer, there's nothing you need to do; the same kbd & mouse work across all of the connected screens.

It sounds like you want to switch the keyboard & mouse between screens on different computers. Is that what you are asking about? If so, you would need a KVM switch.

Jan 9, 2023 2:23 PM in response to MartinR

Hi thanks for the answer, but I will try to elaborate what I mean.

I have connected my computer to a bigger screen, so now I have tow screens (one of the Mac and the other just a regular computer screen).

Im not using mirror display because I want to use both of them simultaneously.

I like to use a lot of keyboard shortcuts(for example switching between screens using control+arrows).

one shortcut that I didn’t figure out how to so is to switch between the screen themselves, for example - I’m using right now the chrome browser on my Mac screen, and I want to jump to my other computer screen that displays WhatsApp, to jump and start typing there.

Jan 9, 2023 3:40 PM in response to paz84

paz84 wrote:

" ... for example - I’m using right now the chrome browser on my Mac screen, and I want to jump to my other computer screen that displays WhatsApp, to jump and start typing there. "

That's not jumping or switching screens ... that's switching between open applications. Use CMD-Tab to switch from one open app to another. It doesn't matter which screen (display) they are on.

Jan 10, 2023 8:13 AM in response to paz84

Then all you need to do is select the other Chrome pane/tab/window by clicking on it with your mouse. The behavior is the same as when you have two Chrome widows open on the same display.

In Extended Desktop mode, as in your case, the keyboard & mouse work across the entire set of displays as if they were one.

Is switching between multiple computer screens possible?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.