Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPod Shuffle 2nd generation status light

I understand that this device is extremely old, but I figured this was the best place to go to for help.

My shuffle has a red light when I turn it on (via the switch of course) and it turns off a couple seconds later. When I put it on the charging dock the yellow light comes on for a couple of seconds before shutting off. I want to clarify that it does the red light after I take it off the charger.

EDIT: I also want to mention that I can see all my music when I plug it into my computer, and when plugged into my computer it has a solid yellow light.

I had it on the charger for 24 hours (at least) and it still did the red light. Is my shuffle finally dead after 16 years?

iPod Shuffle (2nd Gen)

Posted on Jan 9, 2023 2:17 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 9, 2023 6:46 PM

If I'm understanding you correctly it appears that the battery is almost end of life. I say almost because if it was completely dead the indicator wouldn't light. If it helps at all here's a link to a Gen 2 manual. https://manuals.info.apple.com/MANUALS/0/MA197/en_US/iPod_shuffle_Features_Guide.pdf

Edit: I don't know if Apple still services them or not but you could call an Apple store and ask them if the battery can still be replaced.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 9, 2023 6:46 PM in response to XShadowCatzX

If I'm understanding you correctly it appears that the battery is almost end of life. I say almost because if it was completely dead the indicator wouldn't light. If it helps at all here's a link to a Gen 2 manual. https://manuals.info.apple.com/MANUALS/0/MA197/en_US/iPod_shuffle_Features_Guide.pdf

Edit: I don't know if Apple still services them or not but you could call an Apple store and ask them if the battery can still be replaced.

iPod Shuffle 2nd generation status light

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.